Massachusetts Folding Carton Company is in need of a Finishing Manager today. Our Company offers major medical, 401k with company match, recognition / award programs, tuition assistance, and much more.
- Responsible for safety, personnel, quality, production, equipment, and all other activities occurring in or related to the finishing department
- Ensures the proper setup of tooling for the finishing equipment in accordance to internal customer specification.
- Assist with trouble shooting of equipment.
- Hold employees accountable for working within the safety, quality and AIB rules and proactively identifying and removing any safety hazards.
- Work with employees on prioritizing improvement opportunities and meeting production standards to gain favorable results.
- Work with quality on corrective/preventive actions are implemented for internal and external customer complaints. Investigate root causes and provide corrective/preventive actions for identified issues
- Strive to meet or exceed customer expectations in product safety, quality, and service
- Lead by example with a proactive approach to department issues and problems
- Hold operators accountable to maintain production standards and consistency in job preparation.
- Maintain scheduled production to meet customer quality and delivery expectations.
- Work with maintenance with regards to preventive maintenance and repairs of equipment..
- Participate in evaluating, hiring, and discipline of department production workers.
- Responsible for ordering supplies needed for Finishing department.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in a finishing department
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a supervisor/manager role within manufacturing.
- Good Microsoft Office skills along with excellent time management and delegation skills are required.